1. Personal Information We Collect About You. We may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
|Categories of Personal Information||Specific Types of Personal Information Collected|
|Identifiers||Contact information (including your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number), payment method and payment information, authentication information you create (such as account password), birthdays, and device identifiers (such as advertising IDs, pixel and cookie IDs, IP address, ICCID).|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Gender and other demographic information|
|Commercial information||Purchase information, items on your wish list, in your cart, and other preferences you select.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Internet and other electronic activity that is gathered automatically when you visit our Site, use our Offerings or interact with our ads, such as browsing and search history, browser information, device type, app, and OS version|
|Geolocation data||We may collect geolocation data through your use of the Site.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||Information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and characteristics.|
|Audio, visual, and similar information||When you call us for customer service or provide pictures via email, we may record and collect the calls for quality assurance as well as the photos.|
This personal information is required for you to use the Site properly and for us to provide the Offerings to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing the Offerings to you or inhibit your ability to use certain features of the Site.
2. How Your Personal Information is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you—via our Site, your use of the Offerings, and by telephone, text, or email. However, we may also collect information:
We may also use an outside advertising partner to display banner advertisements on our Site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party advertising partners with any of your personal information about your purchases. We and our third-party ad server will collect and use aggregate information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any personal information to them.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Site and the Offerings may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies
4. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. We may use your personal information for the following legitimate purposes*:
a. To provide you with the Offerings on the Site, such as to respond to your inquiries, process transactions, and payments, fulfill your order, communicate with you, authenticate users, verify your eligibility for certain programs or benefits, and otherwise facilitate your relationship with us.
b. For insights, such as to identify trends and make inferences about you and your interactions with us, such as to analyze your behavior and preferences, and to evaluate and improve the Site and Offerings.
c. To comply with legal obligations, including keeping records required by law or to document our compliance with laws or to provide information to law enforcement.
d. For internal business and operational purposes, such as: (i) internal business administration, such as to manage customer accounts, including keeping general records of customers, sales, customer care, and other interactions; (ii) auditing related to our interactions with you; (iii) security purposes, such as to protect genuine customers and our business from fraud, to minimize the risk of false details being used, and to avoid abuse by fraudsters; (iv) to manage competitions or other promotions that you have chosen to participate in; (v) to comply with contractual obligations (including when you make a purchase); (vi) to improve or develop our Site and the Offerings (including our marketing activity more generally), and enhancing or personalizing your experience (such as building profiles about you or how you interact with us); and (vii) for internal research and quality assurance.
We may use de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated versions of your personal information for any purpose.
*A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as your rights and interests do not override this.
5. Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone, or post) about our Site and the Offerings, including exclusive offers, promotions, or new products and services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see Section 4 above, “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where permission is necessary, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell it with unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide the Offerings or use the Site in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
6. Whom We Share Your Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied, they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We typically negotiate confidentiality obligations with service providers to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to you and us. We may also share personal information with external auditors, e.g., concerning an audit of our accounts.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize personal information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
8. Personal Information We Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose. As of the date written above, we have not sold nor will we sell any personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household to any third party.
10. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will keep your personal information while you have an account on our Site or while we are providing the Offerings to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.
12. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
13. Updating and Correcting Information. We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your personal information in your account online at any time by linking to your account in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Site. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us using the information provided below. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Our contact details are shown below:
|Company Name: Special Olympics Inc.||Swizel LLC|
|Contact Address: 1133 19th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036||PO Box 124, Cedar Grove, NJ 07709|
|Contact Email: email@example.com, with a copy to Angela Ciccolo, Chief Legal Officer, firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|
|Contact Telephone Number: +1-800-700-8585 (US)||888-593-0329|
If you are a California resident, this Section applies in addition to the Sections above. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents are provided a set of enumerated rights. Below is a summary of your rights under the CCPA.
I. Your Rights Under the CCPA.You have the right under the CCPA and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge, your:
(i) Right to Know. You have the right to request information about: (a) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (b) the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, (c) the purposes for collecting the personal information, (d) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and (e) the purpose for which we shared your personal information. You may also request information about the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
(ii) Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights.
We will endeavor to respond to your request within forty-five (45) days of receiving your request or notify you that we need additional time to process your information.
Please note that you may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period.
If you choose to contact directly by email, phone, or in writing, you will need to provide us with:
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collect information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
III. Links to Other Websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Swizel LLC is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites or apps. You further acknowledge and agree that your access or use of any such linked websites or apps is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against Swizel LLC with respect to such linked websites or apps.